Baden, Ontario (1877)
The castle is a restored Italianate villa with a large addition designed by architect C.A. Ventin, and converted to house municipal offices in Wilmot Township.
Historic Plaster Conservation Services was responsible for determining the feasibility of improving the strength of a great deal of heavily decorated plaster, and for developing a program of conservation to take place before painting conservators could begin their work. The conservation program was executed over a 10-week period. The building is designated a National Historic Site primarily because of the elaborate paintings on its plaster walls and ceilings.